Sunday, November 15, 2009

We're the Heaglers


A few months ago Ben announced that the bacon I cooked with his Saturday morning breakfast was the perfect degree of floppiness. At the end of that day, it occurred to me that (as I suspected it might be) perfectly floppy bacon had been my greatest achievement that day. Sometimes it’s the little things.

Perfectly Floppy Bacon and Other Impressive Feats will be a glimpse of Heagler Family life – a place where I don’t have to reduce my musings to a Facebook status containing 420 characters or less or a Note than can only be viewed by my Facebook friends. To those of you who encouraged me to do this, I hope I won’t let you down and I hope you’ll never be sorry you said this was a good idea. Be careful what you wish for!

If there’s anyone out there reading who doesn’t know us, read on and come back often. We'll be old friends before you know it.

Perfectly Floppy Bacon and Other Impressive Feats will be about messages written in the dust on my end-tables, raising kids and drinking (a lot of) wine. About “going Southern”, my beloved Boozey Mommies, the horrors of dating as a 40+-year-old single mom, trying on hats, the rocks in my pockets, pick-me-up hugs and never-minding. It will be about tough love, hope, lots and lots of laughter and maybe a little inspiration along the way. And it will sometimes be about autism and its impact on our family.

Let me know what you think. Tell me if you like it and please tell me when I get it wrong. Thanks for reading. Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. YEAH!! I am so happy for you Lori that you have started this! Your writing always brings laughter or tears (happy & sad). I always look forward to reading it and getting a glimpse into your life/lives. Thank you! I wait with anticipation for your next blog & the book! Keep up the good work, laughter & love! Hugs & kisses! M

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of us who have followed you for years, this is not the beginning. It's the natural progression to where you're suppose to be. Congrats, my friend. It's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Michele said, I will be waiting with anticipation for each "next blog".

    This is fantastic and I am soooo proud of you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people may not get it (very few!), the rest of us can't live without it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to be the very first one at the book store buying this book! All I have to say is, "BRAVO"!! I am proud of you all the time and know that this is the beginning of good things to come! I love you and this title is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. one word: PERFECTO!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes yes yes yes yes!

    I love following along in the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My darling perfectly imperfect mommy. While it may not be in the package you thought. This "next step to your life is unfolding in an amazing way" I will stand on the side lines cheering you on, to "just keep running"!!! I am proud to call you friend and am amazed at the courageous, optimistic approach you have on the world. Jump in girlie, get both feet wet.

    ReplyDelete