Monday, January 13, 2014

That's All For Now

 I’ve lived out loud since 2008 or so. Really loud. First on Facebook, and then in my blog—I’ve shared it all. The good, the bad, the horribly embarrassing, terribly sad, hilarious, magic, tragic and even the appallingly ugly. I’ve told you all about it. In real time. Parenting successes and epic failures. Bankruptcy, losing a business, then a house.  A lifetime of clinical depression. Yep. I told you about that too. And I told you about the fairies in our garden and elves on our shelves. Snowmen who wear sundresses and kids writing “I love you” in the dust on the end tables. There’s precious little in my life that’s gone untold in recent years.

I even dragged you through the muck of an on-again, off-again, can’t-live-without-him, love-of-a-lifetime relationship, from rocky start, through a heart-wrenching break-up and finally to the cue-the-orchestra, slow-motion-running-into-each-other’s-arms, Lifetime-Television-for-Women Happy Ending. You cheered, you cried, you bought me a drink, you mailed me a bunch of panties, you offered to kick him in the shins and you cheered again.

You’ve stuck with me through it all. I couldn’t have asked for a more kind, caring and generous community in which to live out loud all these years. I hope I’ve returned even a little of what you’ve given me.

But as much as I’ve truly loved living out loud with you—sharing my life and having a glimpse of yours—I need a minute.  I just can’t let you look at me right now. I can't. I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Please stay in touch. E-mail me. Call. Tell me about the good things in your life. Let me help when things go wrong. Show me your pictures. Keep me in the loop.

I'm here. I care. And I'll see you soon.

2 comments: